As an ecommerce company, you’re always looking for ways to grow your business and make your processes more efficient. One of the biggest challenges is finding qualified and flexible employees that will work together to help scale your business. This is where microtasking and crowdsourcing can help.
What is Microtasking?
Microtasking involves breaking down large, complex tasks into smaller, simpler tasks that need human judgment and can be performed autonomously online. For example, identifying road signs in images could be a microtask for a project improving self-driving automobiles.
As a rapidly growing industry, microtasking will likely capture a substantial share of the $400 billion made yearly by the worldwide outsourcing market. The typical individual who works in what’s called a microtasking “crowd” can assist hundreds of businesses in a day, spending no longer than a minute on one job.
How Microtasking Works
Ecommerce involves several tasks that can be performed by multiple people called crowdworkers. Dedicated providers in the microtasking sector now provide businesses with hassle-free and cost-effective means of outsourcing any repetitive work.
Crowdsourcing is often used to process microtasks so that a large number of people can perform the tasks at the same time. This enables several individuals to work on a project quickly and effectively.
Benefits of Microtasking for Ecommerce Companies
Microtasks are small repetitive jobs that computers can only do with a high degree of error, such as tagging images, identifying handwritten text, classifying the sentiment of a comment and evaluating the “family friendliness” of a picture.
Some areas where microtasking can help ecommerce companies include:
- Product recognition – You can leverage microtasking to identify products in images that have been uploaded to your ecommerce platform.
- Search relevance – You can use microtasking to determine if web pages match search intent to help online shoppers find exactly what they are searching for and drive more sales.
- Sentiment analysis – You can ensure precise tagging and labeling of the sentiments of user-generated content (UGC) such as feedback, comments or reviews in multiple languages.
- Product recommendation – You can increase sales and cart size by improving the reliability and precision of your product recommendation algorithm with the right tagging and categorization.
- Scalability – If your ecommerce business is expecting a surge of retail activity during a specific season, your multitasking partner can offer round-the-clock support that provides near real-time results back to your team.
If you’re planning to scale your ecommerce business, you should take advantage of the perks a good microtasking partner offers. At Helpware, we have the platform and workforce to execute the microtasks your business needs to learn and scale.
Our Taskware software provides machine learning, trained and overseen by humans, to take the complexity of scaling your workloads. We will take care of everything, saving your employees from performing repetitive tasks.
Moreover, our dedicated managed workforce ensures high-quality results while working as an extension of your team. We provide multilingual support with teams fluent in over 20 languages, ensuring that your customers in other nations can receive the support they need.
Get in touch to learn more about how we can help your ecommerce business.